Deadline: 18 December 2015
Open to: candidates with academic degree in communications, politics, social sciences or development studies and several years of professional experience in the field of communication, PR or journalism
The EU Energy Initiative Partnership Dialogue Facility (EUEI PDF) is a multi-EU-donor facility supporting developing countries and regions in enhancing and implementing policies, market development approaches and in building the capacity needed to accelerate progress in the energy sector.
They are hiring a Communication and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer. This person is responsible for managing internal and external communication and PR work in coordination with the EUEI PDF management structure, and with the GIZ corporate communications department. The working period is from February 2016 to March 2018 in Frankfurt, Germany. As an integral part of communication and outreach, the communications officer is also responsible for the coordination of our Monitoring and Evaluation system and the update of our Knowledge Management System in Energypedia. Your tasks include:
- Conception and implementation of external communication strategies for the EUEI PDF and its Service Lines;
- Writing and editing reports, articles, press texts and story lines;
- Coordination of printing, design and publishing of EUEI PDF products;
- Knowledge management and liaising with EUEI PDF project managers, partners and external stakeholders for the dissemination of EUEI PDF products and project finding;
- Coordination of outreach activities of EUEI PDF thematic studies with EUEI PDF project managers and external stakeholders;
- Monitoring of PR success;
- Website management and updates (external site) as well as use of Social Media channels;
- Content Management of internal energypedia portal;
- Support for the conceptual planning of dialogue events and support to the management team for the organisation of Team Strategy Workshops and Steering Committee Meetings;
- Coordination of Monitoring & Evaluation activities and instruments in the EUEI PDF. (Mainly coordination with project managers to make sure M&E data is documented and displayed in an easy to understand way. Coordination of future conceptual work to improve the indicators and tools is possible.);
- Managing of consultants and interns for related work.
- Academic degree in communications, politics, social sciences or development studies and several years of professional experience in the field of communication, PR or journalism;
- Experience with web- and social media as well as MS Word, Excel etc;
- Ideally, you have sound knowledge of development cooperation and energy policy, and have cooperated with EU institutions;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and enjoy working in a team;
- Fluent in English and German and ideally have very good skills in French;
- Knowledge of other European languages is an advantage.
This is a paid job position. As GIZ has an international mandate, they offer a multicultural working environment. They are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. They take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills.
How to apply?
In order to apply you will need to create account and follow all the steps. Deadline for applying is 18 December 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.