Deadline: 3 January 2016
Open to: applicants fluent in English with at least 1 year of experience in a relevant position with a similar level of responsibility
Remuneration: a reference salary level of EUR 24 000 brut/year
The Green European Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Project Assistant to join its team. The Project Assistant is assisting the Project Manager in the implementation of projects following the annual work programme of GEF. The projects entail a variety of activities with partners all around Europe: organisation of seminars and conferences, publications, trainings, online tools, etc. Most of the projects are transnational in their setting, meaning that they involve several partners outside Brussels. This position therefore involve s a significant amount of administrative and financial work – this is not a research position. This is a full-time (38h) post on a contract with limited duration (1 year) with an ideal start date 1 February 2016. Main responsibilities and tasks are as follows:
- Assistance in coordination, preparation and follow-up of GEF ’s transnational projects implementing the annual work programme;
- Assistance in the implementation of project budgets;
- Promoting projects online and maintaining communication amongst partners from various European countries;
- Assistance in coordination, preparation and follow-up of the capacity building programme of the GEF (trainings, networking events, e-learning platform).
To be eligible for this position all candidates should meet following requirements:
- At least 1 year of experience in a relevant position with a similar level of responsibility;
- Organised and structured, attentive to details;
- Able to follow several work tracks in parallel and to cope with stress;
- At ease with numbers;
- Developed writing and communication skills;
- Fluent in English (written and oral skills); all other European language skills are an asset;
- Able to function in a political environment and adapt to changing intercultural and social conditions;
- Familiarity with the EU institutions and procedures;
- Interest for current Green issues and debates;
- Capacity for critical reflection;
- Availability for occasional work outside regular office hours and occasional travels.
The salary depends on experience and is a subject to Belgian tax and social security systems, with a reference salary level of EUR 24 000 brut/year. Meal vouchers and full public transport subscription offered.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 3 January 2016. Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to [email protected] for the attention of Aurélie Maréchal, Director of GEF. The application must include a current CV and a cover letter outlining the motivation for this position at GEF, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes first and last name of the candidate in the document name. The interviews for the position will take place in Brussels during the week of the 18 January 2016.