Deadline: 15 February 2016
Open to: U.S. citizens and foreign journalists
Fellowships: 10,000 USD stipend/20,000 USD stipend
The Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute (RJI) is seeking applications for its fellowship program from U.S. citizens and foreign journalists to collaborate with RJI on ideas and projects that will help them understand and meet the information needs of individuals in their roles as citizens. The fellowship program is focused on innovation and problem-solving. Each fellow is expected to produce deliverables intended to enhance the practice and understanding of journalism or advertising.
Areas of Interest
- Projects focused on inclusivity and engaging communities;
- Applied research that helps better understand the business and practice of journalism;
- New techniques, tools and technologies;
- Prototypes that need further development and market testing;
- Ideas for new revenue streams or business models that many news organizations could adopt.
- RJI Fellowships are open to U.S. citizens and foreign journalists;
- RJI welcomes any proposals that offer the hope of strengthening the journalism-democracy relationship.
- RJI Residential Fellowship: $10,000 a month stipend and a one-time $10,000 allowance to use for relocation or housing;
- RJI Non Residential Fellowship: $20,000 stipend, payable monthly for eight months at $2,500/month, plus some research and travel support;
- RJI Institutional Fellowship: $20,000 payable to the company or institution, in four $5,000 payments.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply online HERE.
For more information, please visit official website.