Deadline: 1 March 2016
Open to: candidates with a PhD in the field of Modern Greek and Balkan History
Remuneration: yearly total of EUR 26,000 net + free accommodation
The Department of History at Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey, will be recruiting for an academic position to be funded by the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation as of the beginning of the next academic year in September 2016, in the field of Modern Greek and Balkan History.
The holder of this position will be expected to teach a total of four courses, two each semester. The candidate is required to teach one undergraduate course and one graduate seminar per semester in the field of Modern Greek and Balkan History. The weekly load for any undergraduate course or graduate seminar is three hours. Courses are to be taught entirely in English, and course material, textbooks, and readings need also to be in English.
- Candidates with a PhD in the field of Modern Greek and Balkan History;
- Excellent command of English;
- Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating their capacity to teach courses on the Ortodox/non-Muslim populations of the Ottoman Empire.
- The position is funded by the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation on the basis of a yearly total of EUR 26,000 net;
- Boğaziçi University will provide the holder of the position with free accommodation for the duration of his/her contract.
How to apply?
Candidates should send in their application to the Department of History before 1 March 2016 both in electronic format by e-mail: [email protected] and as a hardcopy to:
The application file should include:
- A detailed CV;
- A list of publications;
- Three letters of recommendation from specialists in the candidate’s field;
- A detailed syllabus and course description for the undergraduate course, as well as detailed information on the advanced courses or graduate seminars you wish to propose for consideration;
- A sample of your written work.
For more information please visit the official webpage.