Deadline: 5 February 2016
Open to: bachelor degree, in social science, international affairs, journalism, marketing, communication or other related field and 2 years+ experience as a web content manager, digital manager, or social media manager
Remuneration: monthly payment, based on monthly tasks report
UNICEF country office in Skopje is looking to hire a Web and Social Media Consultant who will be responsible for maintaining the UNICEF office presence on a social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram) and website www.unicef.mk.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain the country office website through a web-based content management system and work to continuously improve the site’s design, they will ensure key deadlines are met for the dissemination of time-sensitive content;
- Maintain and moderate the country office social media channels; as well as monitor to flag risk and opportunities to deepen reach and engagement;
- Maintain a web and social media calendar;
- Prepare content for the website and social media accounts; write and gather editorial content (text, images, audio, video, etc) from UNICEF communication and programme colleagues and partner organizations, global weshare platform and adapt for web and social media;
- Map relevant internet bloggers and online influencers and create relevant linkages;
- Generate and analyze reports on web traffic using Google Analytics and other social media focused analytics channels;
- Identify new digital tools and best practices to deepen engagement with supporters;
- Conduct trainings and provide support to other sections.
The consultant will work full-time from the UNICEF CO in Skopje.
- Bachelor Degree in social science, international affairs, journalism, marketing, communication or other related field;
- 2 years+ experience as a web content manager, digital manager, or social media manager, preferably with a development organization;
- Demonstrated experience developing compelling content to generate response from new online audiences and in writing features for the web either as journalist, blogger or web feature writer;
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining social media accounts (as user, manager and/or contributor), especially Facebook and Twitter, Instagram and other channels;
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining multi-language websites using content management systems;
- Experience in reporting on quantitative and qualitative analytics. Knowledge of social media monitoring technology and ability to use social media measurement and listening tools;
- Proficient at using Adobe Photoshop and website content management systems. Other audiovisual and design editing software a plus;
- Must have excellent knowledge of Macedonian and English languages (written). Working knowledge of Albanian a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-level results, manage and deliver projects on-time;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization;
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
Monthly payment, based on monthly tasks report, approved upon monthly review with supervisor and submission of invoices paid in MKD.
How to apply?
Interested and suitable candidates should submit their application to [email protected], referencing “Web and Social Media Consultant” in email subject, no later than close of business, 5 February 2016. The application should include:
- Cover letter;
- Signed P11 form;
- Links to samples of work (i.e. max one page links to web and social media content developed and other examples of work);
- Written indicative monthly fee range in Macedonian denars.
Applications submitted without a fee/ rate will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit the official website.