Deadline: 31 May 2016
Open to: Emirati and international applicants that must have a M.Sc. Degree in Chemical (or Biochemical) Engineering
Fellowship: the monthly stipend will be AED 6,000 (about USD 1,650) for three years, possibility of a fourth year extension
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is inviting applications for graduate fellowship to pursue PhD programme in Chemical Engineering. Scholarship is available for Emirati and international applicants. The university’s mission includes the preparation of graduates for future leadership and one of their goals is to prepare graduates to be pioneers in their areas of specialization.
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is the first and foremost comprehensive national university in the United Arab Emirates.
The minimum requirements for admission to the PhD program are:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, in an area appropriate to the academic area to which application is being made;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in the Master’s degree earned at an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research;
- A score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines in which the main language of instruction is English or the dissertation must be written in English. This test score must be less than two years old at the time of application;
- A minimum IELTS score of 5.0 or equivalent is required for admission into an offering of the PhD Program whose language of instruction is Arabic;
- Individual Colleges may set additional and/or higher standards for admission to the PhD Program in the Department/College.
The monthly stipend will be AED 6,000 (about USD 1,650) for three years with the possibility of a fourth year extension. The package also includes tuition fees, housing allowance and medical insurance.
How to Apply?
Eligible persons must apply online and then submit the required original documents to the admissions office before 31 May 2016 , in person or by (express) mail to the following address:
Office of Admissions
United Arab Emirates University
P.O. Box 15551
Al Ain, UAE.
Applicants who are not graduated from one of the accredited institutions are required to have their degrees certified by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Please visit the following link for details and procedures.
For more information please visit the official website.