Deadline: 29 February 2016
Open to: researchers holding a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree
Fellowship: pay grade: 57 – 65 (NOK 483 700 – 560 700) per year
A research fellowship is available at the Department of Mathematics at University of Oslo. This is awarded to Norwegian and foreign applicants to undertake postdoctoral programme.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo.
The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree, with emphasis on partial differential equations, stochastic analysis, and numerical analysis.
Candidates who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognized tests:
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language;
- IELTS – International English Language Testing Service;
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge;
- Applicants to the programme for the PhD degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test, or a minimum score of 6.5 from the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
The fellowship will comprise: Pay grade: 57 – 65 (NOK 483 700 – 560 700) per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
How to apply?
In order to apply the application must include:
- Application letter;
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications);
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation;
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee;
- Documentation of English proficiency;
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
Apply online latest by 29 February 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.