Deadline: 19 February 2016
Open to: university degree in a relevant area of expertise in environmental sciences, environmental management, economics, social science or political science
Remuneration: the intern will be paid a monthly stipend in line with the REC’s internal policies
The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe provides assistance in addressing environmental challenges by promoting cooperation among key environmental stakeholders, including governments, non-governmental organisations and businesses. Established in 1990 by the United States of America, Hungary and the European Commission, the REC is an international organisation, which, with its independent, non-partisan, non-advocacy, non-profit status, has become a model for open, efficient and accountable international cooperation.
- Interested in being involved in the activities of an international environmental organisation;
- In possession of strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledgeable about initiatives, stakeholders and the environmental sector in the region of Central and Eastern Europe, whereas relevant work experience would be an advantage;
- Highly motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented and organised;
- A native speaker of either Czech or Slovak, and proficient in the other;
- Proficient in English;
- The intern must have a university degree in a relevant area of expertise in environmental sciences, environmental management, economics, social science or political science;
- Able to keep to deadlines and handle multiple tasks to a high standard;
- Able to work independently and be a team player, depending on requirements.
- The intern will be paid a monthly stipend in line with the REC’s internal policies;
- The REC will provide the intern with a workstation suitable for the performance of his/her tasks;
- The REC will provide the necessary guidance and supervision in order to ensure a mutually beneficial learning and working process.
How to apply?
Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter in English to [email protected].
For more information please check the official website.