Deadline: 29 April 2016
Open to: possess a PhD degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience since obtaining a university diploma
Fellowship: 483,700 NOK/year ( around 57,600 EUR/year)
Scientia Fellows is an international postdoctoral fellowships programme, co-funded by the EU under FP7 Programme Marie Curie actions – People, launched and managed by the University of Oslo, Faculty of Medicine.
Scientia Fellows focuses on the stimulation and promotion of the life-long training and career development of experienced researchers through trans-national mobility. The Programme aims to offer career development opportunities to excellent researchers in Health Sciences. The Fellows will join dynamic research environment and further develop their skills.
Each Fellow of Scientia Fellows will have a unique opportunity to:
- Enhance their research career;
- Perform research in internationally recognized groups;
- Acquire new skills through a training programme;
- Build own research networks;
- Learn new techniques and methods;
- Become a more visible partner for future EU funding.
Researchers from all countries are eligible for the programme, yet they must be fluent in English (both written and spoken) and:
- Possess a PhD degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience since obtaining a university diploma. In the latter case, the research experience must give access to doctoral studies in the country in which your degree or diploma was obtained or in the country in which the research training is provided irrespective whether or not a doctorate was envisaged;
- Comply with the mobility requirements that depend on the chosen fellowship scheme – for details, see guide for applicants. In both cases, in order to be eligible a researcher must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the Call deadline.
Types of Fellowships:
- Incoming – for postdoctoral researchers from all over the world (who have not resided or carried out their main activity in Norway for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to Call deadline) willing to conduct their research work at the University of Oslo. (12-24 months);
- Outgoing – for postdoctoral researchers from all over the world, who apply to work as a seconded/visiting researcher in a host organisation outside Norway (provided that they have not resided or carried out their main activity in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to Call deadline) and to continue with a reintegration phase at the University of Oslo. (12-24 months + 12 months).
The salary of a Fellow will be calculated according to step 57 of the UiO system. Gross salary, with living and mobility allowances included, amounts to 483 700 NOK/year. This is approximately 57 600 EUR/year. Social security charges are already deducted.
In addition research support will amount to 68 000 NOK/year.
How to apply?
Submit your application through easycruit, recruitment portal attaching the following documents:
- Personal letter describing why you are interested in the programme;
- Research proposal;
- Career development plan;
- Dissemination plan;
- Ethics issues table (doc);
- Confirmation email from the Scientist in Charge (approved EOI form.
Deadline for applying is 29 April 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.