Deadline: 20 February 2016
Open to: post graduate studies (masters) in fields of relevance to TNI’s programme or equivalent education
Remuneration: EUR 2,052 gross/per month
The Transnational Institute (TNI) is looking for an assistant to support its programme staff in Amsterdam as soon as possible. If you are organized, energetic, passionate about the issues we are and would like an entry level job at TNI where you could learn the ropes and gain insights into a broad range of issues, while providing an essential support role, then this is could be the job for you.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Smooth implementation of logistical plans for events;
- Provide research support;
- Efficient production and dissemination of TNI publications;
- Good administration;
- Conscientious data collection for PME purposes;
- Any other assistance as required.
The Programme Assistant should have an internationalist activist spirit with a strong affinity for the issues TNI works on. S/he should be an organized, efficient, energetic and motivated individual; a flexible multi-tasker able to work under pressure; a cooperative team player able to take initiative. S/he should be a ‘hands on’ person, while also being able to contribute to the content and strategy of the programmes.
Essential Skills & Qualities:
- Post graduate studies (masters) in fields of relevance to TNI’s programme or equivalent education;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Excellent computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, design software);
- Able to attend occasional evening/weekend meetings (our key events often include weekends) and undertake international travel;
- Permit to work in Europe.
- Proficiency in Dutch and Spanish;
- Previous experience in event organising and outreach and in dealing with stakeholders from different backgrounds: decision makers, parliamentarians, NGOs, lobbyists, researchers, campaigners, media, etc.
A full-time position (36 hours/week) starting as soon as possible. The gross monthly salary would be EUR 2,052 neg. depending on experience. The contract would be for an initial one year period, renewable subject to evaluation and available funding.
How to apply?
Please send your curriculum vitae, a letter motivating why you would be perfect for this position, and the names of two referees whom they can contact in advance of a final decision to John Kerseboom ([email protected]) by 20 February 2016.
Only the short listed candidates will be notified.
For more information please visit the official website.