Deadline: 28 February 2016
Open to: participants coming from any Council of Europe member states, as well as Belarus and Kazakhstan
Venue: 24-30 April 2016, Ukraine
“I know, therefore I act! Information War and Youth Participation” is a seven days long seminar for 40 young Europeans about information war, propaganda, freedom of media and right to access information. The seminar will take place in Ukraine from 24th to 30th of April 2016. Seminar will gather together young activists from Europe and raise awareness on ongoing information wars around us.
On the example of Ukraine and by sharing experiences from Belarus and Azerbaijan participants will explore its mechanisms and effects on youth participation. An online campaign (website, social media, design a poster, spread a message) will be conducted, which would reach wider target group. Sessions will be balanced between theoretical inputs, workshops, role-plays, debates, discussions, reflection and other interactive methods of learning.
Main themes of the seminar:
- Raise awareness about Information war as a serious threat to democracy and youth participation;
- Strengthen capacities of youth activists to fight negative public discourses and stereotypes that stigmatize/exclude activists, human rights defenders, social rights and democracy advocators from public debate and participation.
Participants coming from any Consul of Europe Member States, as well as Belarus and Kazakhstan.
- The full cost of lodging (accommodation, food, refreshments) during the seminar will be covered by the organisers;
- In exchange, there is a participation fee of 30 EUR for participants coming from non-EU and 50 EUR for participants coming from EU countries (including Norway, Switzerland and Iceland);
- According to the project’s financial agreement, travel costs will be reimbursed up to the limit of 70%.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, register online HERE. The deadline for submitting filled-in applications is Sunday 28 February 2016 at midnight (CET).
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the official web-page.