Deadline: 15 March 2016
Open to: candidates with university degree and 3 years professional experience in relevant field
Remuneration: attractive working conditions
The Eurodesk AISBL is seeking an experienced and dynamic Director with the initiative and drive to steer the network‘s development and advance its information services while further raising its profile at European level. In particular, they are looking for a person who is motivated by setting a vision for a team and the network and making that a reality.
The new director is ideally expected to start on 1 June 2016.
- Development and implementation of the Eurodesk work programme;
- Facilitating organisational and strategic development;
- Monitoring and evaluation;
- Management of Eurodesk Brussels Link and its staff;
- Management of the Eurodesk Budget;
- Ensuring reporting to the Eurodesk AISBL, external donors and key stakeholders;
- Liaison with stakeholders, cooperation partners and other organisations in the field;
- Representing the network and building support among key stakeholders;
- Support for the Eurodesk Executive Committee;
- Coordination of and support for the international network of national Eurodesk partners;
- Support learning and sharing of knowledge;
- Monitor policy developments in the field of youth.
- Relevant work experience, including at least 3 years of managerial experience;
- Relevant university degree or diploma;
- Financial management skills, experience with public funding would be an asset;
- Proven knowledge of the European Policy area, European Youth policy and European programmes for young people;
- Experience in managing European projects/campaigns would be an advantage;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation and moderation skills;
- Network management skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Experience in organisational development;
- Understanding of youth issues;
- Thorough understanding of new Information and communication technologies;
- Professional fluency in English and at least another official EU language.
The post will be located in Brussels on a full-time basis. The position involves regular travel opportunities.
They offer attractive working conditions and a challenging job in a European environment.
How to apply?
Please send your motivation letter in English with your CV and a minimum of two references to the President of Eurodesk AISBL to [email protected] by 15 March 2016 (midnight, CET).
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
For more information please visit the official website.