Deadline: 9 March 2016
Open to: participants from Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania, Germany and Czech Republic, at least 21 years old, active in welcoming actions for refugees or simply interested in the topics of migration and forced migration
Venue: 4-10 April 2016, Berlin, Germany
The Forum is offered by Balkans, let’s get up Organisation (Serbia) and Initiative Mittel- und Osteuropa e.V. (Germany) in partnership in partnership with Centre for Social Transformation (Romania), GFPS-CZ (Czech Republic), Association Strive (Croatia), Ideas Factory Association (Bulgaria) and PUZZLE Gevgelija (Macedonia). The Forum is an opportunity for actively engaged helpers to step out of their work and meet with other like-minded and similarly engaged activists, volunteers, social workers etc. The purpose is to deliberate the situation, exchange experiences and inspire or even coordinate next steps of (transnational) action.
Main topics will be :
- Reflection on stereotypes and power relations;
- Safety and responsibility in Europe;
- Experience and good practice in aiding and welcoming refugees;
- Examples of refugee-aid in Berlin.
- Actively involved in welcoming actions for refugees;
- Or motivated to engage in an organisation or to initiate an activity in the future;
- Interested in the topic of migration and forced migration and in the political and societal process triggered by it;
- Registered in one of these countries: Germany, Czech Republic, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Romania;
- At least 21 years old;
- Fluent in English.
- Accommodation and meals are provided;
- The financial contribution for participation is EUR 20, to cover the running costs;
- Travel costs reimbursement up to: EUR 275 for participants from Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Romania; EUR 180 for participants from Czech Republic and Germany.
How to apply!
To apply, please fill out the application form latest by 9 March 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.