Deadline: 1 April 2016/ early bird 4 March 2016
Open to: graduates mainly in Law, Political Sciences, Economics, Sociology, Philosophy, Anthropology or similar
Venue: 18-20 April 2016 and 21-23 April 2016, Monastery of San Nicolò, Venice Lido (Italy)
EIUC has developed two three-day modules aiming at providing training to civilian staff in election observation missions at the first steps of their career (i.e. short term observers). Selected applicants will be allowed to become aware of the role, the tasks and the status of international observers, and will be given a theoretical and practical training on election observation and election observation missions functioning.
The aim of the course is to deepen the theoretical and practical expertise on election observation missions, in providing participants with practical skills which will be an asset in case of further applications as international observers. The course is divided into 2 modules:
- Module I (Dates: 18-20 April 2016): will highlight the quantitative observation of the STOs;
- Module II (Dates: 21-23 April 2016): is principally intended as a complementary step for those participants who have already attended the first module or the 2012 edition of EIUC training for international observers.
- Lectures are conceived for an audience of graduates mainly in Law, Political Sciences, Economics, Sociology, Philosophy, Anthropology or similar;
- Those who want to address international election observation from a multi-disciplinary approach that will be useful in further engagements on the field;
- All courses will be held in English, therefore, essential that all participants understand and speak English fluently.
- Enrolment fee for each module amounts to € 450,00 with no accommodation or € 600,00 with accommodation for 3 nights;
- Enrolment fee for both modules amounts to € 750,00 with no accommodation or € 1000,00 with accommodation for 6 nights.
If you choose the option with no accommodation, the enrolment fee will include: tuition fee and lunches on class days.
If you choose the option with accommodation, the enrolment fee will include: tuition fee, lunches on class days, accommodation in a single room in a 3 stars hotel on the lido for 3 nights (for 1 module) or 6 nights (for 2 modules).
How to Apply?
Number of places is limited. Applicants fulfilling the conditions for participation will be accepted on the basis of a “first subscribed, first in” policy. The entire application, including the motivation and the CV, has to be submitted in English.
Please also include a non-certified English translation of the required proofs, if the original certificates were not issued in English, French, Spanish or Italian.
Interested candidates should register by compiling the online application form.
More information can be found on the official website.