Deadline: 4 May 2016
Open to: citizens from countries which have signed an Agreement with the Latvian State Education Development Agency and citizens who come from countries that offer scholarships to Latvian students, researchers and teaching stuff
Venue: June through August, 2016, Latvia
The State Education Development Agency of the Latvian Government is inviting applications for scholarships from students, researchers and teaching staff of several countries for studies, research and participation in summer schools in Latvian higher education institutions (HEIs) in the 2016/2017 academic year. There are 6 scholarships being available for each of the schools.
- Citizens from eligible countries which have signed an Agreement with Latvia or offer scholarships for Latvian students can apply for the Latvian state scholarships;
- Only students and academic staff of foreign HEIs are eligible for the Latvian scholarship for participation in summer schools;
- Citizens from countries that offer scholarships for Latvian students, researchers and teaching stuff.
- The amount of the Latvian scholarship granted by the VIAA for summer school is 711 EUR per person for the duration of the summer school;
- The scholarships will be transferred by the VIAA to the summer school organizers;
- The participants have to cover travel expenses from the country of origin to the summer school location in Latvia themselves.
How to Apply?
Information on how to apply for the scholarship for participation in summer schools can be found on the website of the HEI organizing the summer school session. The website will give details for each summer school respectively on all the necessary documents:
- Application form of the summer school;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter.
The application package has to be sent directly to the organizers of the summer schools with the following exceptions: Lithuanian, Estonian, Czech, Hungarian and Polish candidates have to send the dossiers to the competent authorities of their countries (see HERE).