Deadline: 6 March 2016
Open to: candidates with University degree (preference given for Master graduation), with at least 2-year-experience in working in NGO program/project
Remuneration: gross salary from TND 2,000 – 2,500 (approximately EUR 900-1,100) commensurate with experience
The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) is a global network of organizations that value debate as a way of giving young people a voice. Their vision is to “Empower young people worldwide today to be the active citizens of tomorrow.” The IDEA network has offices in Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Tunisia, and the UK.
IDEA Middle East & North Africa is seeking to immediately recruit an Organizational Development Manager. This is a temporary, full-time and locally contracted position. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), IDEA MENA (based in Tunis, Tunisia) the Organizational Development Manager will be responsible on planning, developing and implementing IDEA MENA’s strategic directions.
The position requires signing one-year contract with possibility of extension based on performance and funding availability. It is a full-time position with 40 working hours per week from Monday to Friday. Selected candidate will work at IDEA MENA Regional Office in Tunis, Tunisia, with occasional travel in the MENA region.
Applicant that will be considered as successful candidate should have:
- University degree (preference given for Master graduation);
- At least 2-year-experience in working in NGO program/project;
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills;
- Strong knowledge of the reality of civil society in the MENA region;
- Up-to-date knowledge of the current challenges in the MENA region;
- Fair knowledge of debate on the regional level would be an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in Arabic and English;
- Excellent computer skills (Word processing, Excel, Power Point, Internet tools);
- Excellent command of English and Arabic languages (reading, writing and speaking) is required.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with minimal supervision.
The gross salary that selected candidate will receive is from TND 2,000 – 2,500 (approximately EUR 900-1,100) commensurate with experience.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send an updated resume and a one-page cover letter in English that describes best how they qualify for the position to the following email address: [email protected]
The email’s subject should follow the following format: [Full Name] – [Country] – ODM Application.
Short-listed candidates may be invited for an interview. The deadline for sending the applications is 6 March 2016 at 23:45 GMT.
For more information, please check the official call.