Deadline: 8 April 2016
Open to: undergraduate level, graduate level or postgraduate level, interested green and sustainable chemistry and engineering
Award: USD 10,000
The ACS Green Chemistry Institute hosts the only business plan competition (BPC) exclusively devoted to innovations in sustainable green chemistry and engineering. Applicants have the chance to receive expert feedback, training and mentorship, and the opportunity to market their business idea to their target audience.
Points to keep in mind
- Judges will be looking for possible solutions that apply the principles of green chemistry and engineering to some of the world’s biggest challenges;
- Previous winners have included a wide range of technologies, from paints and coatings to safer chemical alternatives and innovative battery technology;
- Business ideas will be considered for all areas of green chemistry and engineering, except biofuels;
- Selected semi-finalists must attend the final round of the competition in Portland, Oregon on June 15, 2016 that occurs in conjunction with the 20th Annual Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference.
Early stage companies dedicated to green chemistry and engineering solutions are encouraged to apply. Candidates from all around the world can apply.
All semi-finalist teams must present their business plans in person at the 20th Annual Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference for a chance to win the USD 10,000 grand prize.
How to apply?
To participate in the competition there are 2 steps:
- Submit an executive summary of 10-15 PowerPoint slides;
- Submit a 2-3 minute video of a company pitch.
Executive summaries and videos must be submitted to Ashley Baker at email@example.com with “Business Plan Competition” as the subject by 8 April, 2016 at 5:00 PM ET (GMT -4).