Deadline: 18 March 2016
Open to: candidates who hold University degree in human rights, law, humanities, pedagogy/teaching, communications, or a related field and who has teaching or human rights training experience
Remuneration: will be fixed in accordance with the education, experience, and demonstrated skills of the selected candidate
The European Roma Rights Centre (ERRC) is a dynamic public interest law organisation at the forefront of human rights advocacy on behalf of Roma throughout Europe. The ERRC seeks qualified applicants for the position of Human Rights Trainer (HRT) in Budapest, Hungary. The HRT is vital to fulfilling the ERRC’s mission of empowering Roma to understand and assert their rights. The HRT coordinates the ERRC internship programme and coordinates and contributes to the development and implementation of all other ERRC training activities as required. The HRT is part of a team of Budapest-based colleagues delivering long-term, strategic work to expose and eliminate the discriminatory structures that prevent Roma from enjoying full equality.
- University degree in human rights, law, humanities, pedagogy/teaching, communications, or a related field;
- Teaching or human rights training experience;
- Familiarity with the European political context and the position of Roma;
- Knowledge of international and European human rights advocacy;
- Ability to work in English;
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse team;
- Clear presentation skills, strong interpersonal and leadership qualities;
- Strong commitment to the promotion of Roma rights;
- Willingness to travel as required;
- The ERRC is committed to equal opportunity for all, but Romani candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Remuneration will be fixed in accordance with the education, experience, and demonstrated skills of the selected candidate. The ERRC also offers a fringe-benefits package.
How to apply?
Applicants should submit by email, to Hajnalka Nemeth: [email protected] latest by 18 March 2016 following documents:
- A cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Salary history;
- An English-language writing sample of work unedited by others;
- A list of three referees.
Only selected applicants will be contacted.
For more information, please visit the official website.