Deadline: 3 April 2016
Open to: candidates with a degree in a relevant subject such as public procurement, environmental sciences, international development, economics or other appropriate qualification
Remuneration: EUR 1,473 gross per month
CLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is an association of 1,200 local governments in 68 countries that are dedicated to sustainable development. It has 15 offices servicing its members while developing innovative projects and events and is an international not-for-profit association and network perceived as the international representative of cities for sustainability. The European Secretariat is based in Freiburg, Germany.
The European Secretariat of ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability seeks to fill an internship position within its Sustainable Economy and Procurement team.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation of sustainable procurement projects such as SPP Regions (www.sppregions.eu);
- Deal with general enquiries relating to sustainable procurement;
- Undertake research, develop case studies and disseminate information to public sector procurers;
- Support the organisation of events (e.g. meetings, workshops and training seminars);
- Edit webpages, write newsletters and support the team with communication work;
- Research funding opportunities and assist in writing project proposals;
- Provide general office support, filing, minute writing and other general administration work.
Applicants must – due to legal reasons – hold EU citizenship or valid EU residence permit and a valid German work permit. Applications not meeting these conditions can unfortunately not be considered.
- A degree in a relevant subject such as public procurement, environmental sciences, international development, economics or other appropriate qualification;
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of sustainable and/or innovation procurement and its application in the public sector;
- Ability to be well organised, prioritise tasks and produce good quality work within tight time constraints;
- Confident user of all Microsoft Office applications;
- A very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking). Additional European language(s) an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, e.g. drafting reports;
- Previous work experience in an international organisation, local government or NGO is desirable;
- Experience of working on European projects is desirable;
- A quick learner with a positive attitude is ideally suited to this position.
- Limited contract, duration from May 2016 until October 2016;
- ICLEI offers an internship salary of EUR 1,473 gross in line with German minimum wage regulations;
- Workings hours: 40 h/week, six weeks of paid leave per annum (i.e. three weeks for six months).
How to apply?
Please apply in writing, including a CV and letter of motivation to: [email protected]. Deadline in applying is 3 April 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.