Deadline: 31 March 2016
Open to: candidates with Bachelors or Master’s degree in Rural Management or Agricultural Sciences and 3 years of experience working in agriculture-related or development projects
Remuneration: an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance
International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is currently seeking for eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist Assistants (2 positions) in Patna or Gorakhpur, India. CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. CIMMYT’s mission is to sustainably increase the productivity of maize and wheat systems to ensure global food security and reduce poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support M&E in one of CSISA’s priority geographies;
- Collect and compile data of each hub district in Kharif and Rabi seasons and send to M&E Specialist;
- Undertake activity monitoring at the hub;
- Support the field team in data collection & documentation process;
- If needed, contribute narrative content to CSISA’s Semi-Annual and Annual Reports;
- Field Support staff in the collection of data through Open Data Kit (ODK) and/or other mobile data collection platforms;
- Field Support staff in the various field level surveys;
- Field Support staff in proper regular archiving of monitoring data and research data, and support the implementation of CSISA’s Open Data Policy;
- Assist in periodic data quality assessment conducted for internal review purposes or conducted by the donor;
- Solicit/compile CSISA achievements/bullet points/success stories as needed;
- Provide insights and suggestions to the technical team as required to ensure project milestones are met;
- Contribute to the formulation of seasonal impact pathway planning documents.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Rural Management or Agricultural Sciences;
- 3 years of experience working in agriculture-related or development projects;
- Basic proficiency in Excel;
- Must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines;
- Strong team-orientation and fluency in English are a must.
- CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance;
- The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds.
How to apply?
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter via email, no later than Thursday, 31 March 2016, with Position Reference number: D16415 (Patna or Gorakhpur) as the subject line to [email protected].
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit the official website.