Deadline: 28 March 2016
Open to: applicants with Master’s degree in Social Work, Human Rights, International Relations or relevant field, or BA with equivalent field experience
Renumeration: calculated upon knowledge and relevant experiences
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children, working in 120 countries, saving children’s lives; fighting for their rights; helping to fulfill their potential.
Main responsibilities of role holder:
- Lead the Child Protection thematic area across all refugee response programs of Save the Children in Balkan countries focusing on unified and effective approaches for Children on the Move (COM) and Unaccompanied Children (UAC);
- Work closely with all response teams providing technical support and guidance throughout the development and implementation of COM and UAN programming ensuring that a unified approach is being used and that Save the Children is known and valued for its signature CP programs across the region;
- Support response teams in developing capacity of the partners and will work to mainstream child protection across all sectors of interventions;
- Have a lead role in the development and implementation of the Child Safeguarding system. Detailed information on role profile HERE.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Human Rights, International Relations or relevant field, or BA with equivalent field experience;
- Extensive experience of Child Protection programme management in emergency, fragile state or development contexts;
- At least 3 years of experience in the management of programmes specific to Child Protection in Emergency;
- Previous experience of managing a child protection team at national level and in setting up organisational child safeguarding systems in humanitarian contexts;
- Proven capacity to supervise, and coach staff in child protection technical skills and programme management;
- Specific experience of designing and managing DFID, ECHO, OFDA and other major donor projects;
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think, plan strategically, write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports;
- Excellent understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation processes and methodologies – with specific technical trainings in these areas;
- Familiarity with key international standards for humanitarian work ;
- Team player, politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy;
- A high level of written and spoken English;
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children including willingness to abide and enforce the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Language skills in Arabic (desirable).
Salary of the applicant will be based on his/her experience level.
How to apply?
Please apply online in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
More information on the official website.