Deadline: 25 March 2016
Open to: citizens aged between 22 to 28 from one of the 21 Member States of the current World Heritage Committee
Venue: 29 June – 12 July 2016 Istanbul, Turkey
As part of the 40th session of the World Heritage Committee and in the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme, the Turkish National Commission for UNESCO and the Istanbul Site Management Directorate are organizing the World Heritage Youth Forum 2016: “At the Crossroads of Multi-Layered Heritage”.
The Forum seeks to deepen youth knowledge and understanding the importance of:
- The implementation of the World Heritage Convention;
- The working methods of the World Heritage Committee;
- The challenges and opportunities of the protection of multi-layered World Heritage sites.
Scheduled activities include:
- Visits to World Heritage sites, including Bursa and Cumalıkızık, with the international heritage experts;
- Workshops on different aspects emerging from the multi-layered sites;
- Practical hands-on activities with timber and stone work for the protection and the maintenance of the World Heritage sites in Istanbul,
- Experts and young delegates presentations;
- Participation in the discussions on the state of conservation of properties;
- Practicing the Youth Model simulation with the scenario on the evaluation of Iznik’s nomination for the World Heritage List which is a multi-layered settlement inscribed on the Tentative List of Turkey;
- Drawing up the final document of the Forum for presentation during the Opening Ceremony of the 40th World Heritage Committee;
- Attendance to the first session of the 40th World Heritage Committee.
More information about the programme schedule you can find HERE.
- Aged from 22 to 28;
- Fluent in English;
- Citizens of one of the 21 Member States of the current World Heritage Committee;
- Involved in heritage-related fields such as; World Heritage Studies (Landscape), Architecture, Urban Planning, Constructional Engineering, Archaeology, Sociology, Intangible Cultural Heritage, Anthropology, Ethnology, Ethnography, Economy, History, Art History, Communication, Law, Tourism, Natural and Cultural Heritage, Geography, International Relations;
- Motivated, active and driven individuals interested to implement the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries.
The Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality will cover all costs related to international travel, accommodation, transportation.
How to apply?
The application form must be filled out in English. Deadline for applying is 25 March 2016.
For more information please visit the official webpage.