Deadline: 1 July 2016
Open to: Turkish and international students interested in an academic position or industry
Scholarship: full annual tuition exemption, monthly living stipend, accommodation, meal card, private health insurance, office space and laptop, and coverage of thesis related expenses
Koç University was founded in 1993 as a non-profit private university in Istanbul, Turkey. In the twenty years since its establishment, Koç University has become one of the leading universities in Turkey, distinguished by notable contributions to the elevation of education, knowledge and service both domestically and beyond. The university’s faculty consists of Turkey’s most established senior researchers and PhD’s from elite research institutions worldwide.
Scholarships are available for qualified students in all Graduate Schools; Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences, Business and Health Sciences.
- Both Turkish and international applicants;
- Have received an admission offer to receive the scholarship;
- Desire an academic position at a top university or industry, and possess the motivation and ability to attain this goal;
- Have high GPAs and test scores, undergraduate degrees in a related field and research experience;
- Non-native speaker of English need to provide the official TOEFL or IELTS score.
Applicant can apply to PhD programs with their bachelor degree, however, the duration of the program will be 5 years instead of 4 years. This is valid for all nationalities except for applicants from Iran.
Students who are given an offer of admission to a PhD program receive the following support:
- Full annual tuition exemption;
- Monthly living stipend (exact amount varies based on different factors);
- Accommodation in shared graduate student apartments near campus OR monthly housing allowance;
- Meal card;
- Private health insurance;
- Office space and laptop computer;
- Coverage of thesis related expenses (including costs of attendance to approved conferences).
How to apply?
Before starting your online application make sure applicant have collected the following required documents:
- Transcripts (including the grading system of institution) and GPA;
- English language proficiency test results;
- GRE test scores;
- Reference letters.
There is no separate application process for PhD scholarships. As a candidate applicant simply apply to their program(s) of choice and if they receive an admission offer they will receive the scholarship.
All applications should be submitted via Gradapp.
For more information pleas visit the official webpage.