Deadline: 7 April 2016
Open to: candidates who hold bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience/education and with 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience
Remuneration: not specified
The Open Society Foundations are a major nongovernmental supporter of efforts to improve the economic and social inclusion of Roma in Central and South Eastern Europe. The Roma Initiatives Office of the Open Society Foundations is seeking a Program Administrative Specialist to join the team in Budapest.
This is a full performance administrative/operational role. The Program Administrative Specialist performs duties requiring skills specific to the Roma Initiatives Office’s operations and processes that advance the work of the program and the organization. Work on assigned projects, processes, and/or areas of responsibility are carried out with considerable independence.
Typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing advanced administrative support for Roma Initiatives Office functions;
- Coordination with the relevant Open Society Foundations administrative units;
- Processing travel and related expenses for Roma Initiatives Office staff;
- Staying abreast of relevant policies and compliance requirements and assisting staff with understanding, operationalizing, and adhering to relevant policies and guidelines;
- Assisting in complex event- planning and managing;
- May manage administrative issues related to the work of retained consultants;
- Coordinating budgets, including planning, tracking, and variance monitoring and reporting;
- Ad-hoc responsibilities may include taking on other significant operational responsibilities or projects.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience/education;
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in a situation relevant to the duties of this role is typically required to develop the skills required for this role;
- Administrative experience at a large and complex organization is preferred;
- Demonstrable proficiency in managing data in a complex environment;
- Demonstrable proficiency in using data management and visualization platforms and databases;
- Demonstrable ability to set up processes, systems, and workflows and ensure adherence to procedures and follow-up.
Check out the full list of eligibility criteria at candidate profile.
Open Society Foundations welcome and actively seek applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.
Open Society Foundations offer a lot of benefits to their stuff member as following:
- Medical/prescription/dental insurance;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance;
- Vacation, personal, and sick leave;
- Paid parental leave;
- Employee assistance program.
Salary is not specified. For more information about all benefits click here.
How to apply?
In order to apply for this position candidates must full fill the online application form latest by 7 April 2016.
Please ensure you attach both a CV and Cover Letter to your application.
For more information, please visit the official website.