Deadline: 11 April 2016
Open to: everyone with Master’s degree in education, development or other relevant social science degree and minimum of 5 years in a technical leadership role in education for an NGO, UN agency etc.
Remuneration: salary based on experience
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children and works in 120 countries. The goal is save children’s lives, fight for their rights, help them fulfill their potential.
The Education Technical Advisor is a critical position for Save the Children in Lebanon and will play the lead role in ensuring the design, implementation and monitoring of high quality education programmes for thousands of children across the country. Save the Children International delivers this programmes internationally to ensure we achieve the greatest possible impact for children.
- Master’s degree in education, development or other relevant social science degree;
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical leadership role in education for an NGO, UN agency or other development or humanitarian organisation;
- Proven experience leading education in emergencies (EiE) programming and in participating in emergency coordination forums (education cluster, education working groups etc) and raising funds and developing proposals for education programmes;
- Previous management experience in an NGO or other humanitarian environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts;
- Excellent understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation processes and methodologies;
- Strong report writing skills, including experience in writing funding proposals and donor reports;
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic (desirable).
Salary will be based on previous experiences and knowledge of the applicant. Contract length is 12 month.
How to apply?
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
More information you can find on the official website.