Deadline: 13 May 2016
Open to: students with a BA in Economics, Politics, International Relations, History, Languages, agricultural studies and cultural studies, prospective PhD students
Venues: Forlì Campus, University of Bologna
The degree programme is taught entirely in English (120 ECTS) and offers interdisciplinary, in-depth knowledge of post-socialist countries in transition, new EU member states, and new East-European neighbor countries. MIREES is suited for students with a BA in Economics, Politics, International Relations, History, Languages, agricultural studies and cultural studies in general as well as for prospective PhD students. Students develop language skills by learning one Eastern European language (3 levels of Russian, Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Slovak; Hungarian is available in the second year).
Enrolled students spend the first year in Forlì. In the second year a minimum of 5 months will be spent at one of the Partner Universities or, in particular cases, at other Mirees associated Universities (Universities of Zagreb and Ljubljana, Bogazici in Istanbul and ADA in Baku). Mobility grant is offered to all enrolled students, thanks to Erasmus + or the MIREES mobility scheme. More in the official call.
- Students with a BA in Economics, Politics, International Relations, History, Languages, agricultural studies and cultural studies in general;
- Prospective PhD students.
Scholarships and benefits
- The cost of the annual tuition fee is about € 4.369, which can be paid in three installments or in one single payment of € 4.282;
- The Regional Authority for the Right to Education (Ergo) and the University of Bologna offer study grants and partial or total tuition fee reductions assigned on the basis of the personal income and the academic performance. Information on the application procedure and deadlines of Ergo benefits is available at HERE (the call, available also in English, is expected to be published in July 2016);
- The University of Bologna offers study grants for deserving international students enrolling to a master programme according to the score of the GRE test (application deadline: by 31st March 2016 h 17:00 Italian time);
- The Master’s Degree in Interdisciplinary Research and Studies on Eastern Europe (MIREES) will assign n. 5 benefits of Euro 2.000 per academic year to international students who enroll in the 1st year of the academic year 2016/2017. The criteria and method of assignment of the fee waivers will be published at official website.
How to Apply?
The assessment of a suitable personal preparation is carried out by a joint international Examining Board on the basis of the documents submitted by the candidates:
- Application form (downloadable from Studentionline) and motivation letter;
- Provisional study plan (form downloadable from Studentionline);
- Graduation certificate with a list of exams passed;
- 2 reference letters;
- English certificate of B2 level among IELTS, TOEFL, FCE, a certificate issued by a University Language Centre.
Two evaluation sessions are scheduled: the first one, with deadline May, 13th 2016, is open to all candidates; the second one, with deadline September, 15th 2016 is for EU students and non-EU students with equivalent status.
More information on the official website.