Deadline: 13 April 2016
Open to: candidates who hold completed or initiated University Degree in Sociology, Political Science or a related field and with at least 2 years of relevant working experience
Remuneration: will depend on the selected consultant’s qualifications and experience
OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rightsare looking for Junior Expert who will support the activities related to gender mainstreaming in the Contact Point for Roma and Sinti Issues in Warsaw, as well as activities promoting awareness about the specific interests and needs of Roma and Sinti women. The continuation of the Roma and Sinti Youth Initiative in 2016 would provide a platform for concrete further activities in this area.
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Chief of the CPRSI, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Assisting in monitoring, collecting and processing of information related to the implementation of commitments regarding Roma and Sinti, particularly women and youth, by the OSCE participating States;
- Supporting the implementation of projects or related tasks and activities, especially the Roma and Sinti Youth Initiative;
- Assisting in the preparation, organization, evaluation and follow-up of events convened by the CPRSI, especially youth-related events;
- Undertaking any other tasks related to the project as directed by the Project Manager and/or the CPRSI Programme Manager;
- Assisting in implementing the programmatic efforts (implementation, evaluation, reporting) for gender mainstreaming of programmatic activities, and gender-targeting activities, including the youth activities.
- Initiated or completed university degree in sociology, political science or a related field;
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience. Working experience with Roma and Sinti youth or women’s organizations is an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Roma and Sinti related issues, in particular Roma and Sinti youth and women’s issues;
- Good knowledge of OSCE, ODIHR and the Contact Point for Roma and Sinti Issues respectively would be an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work with tight deadlines, and attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent oral and written English. Knowledge of Romani and/or Russian language is an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Young Roma and Sinti, especially women, are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The OSCE/ODIHR shall engage the Junior Expert for six months within the period 1 May 2016 to 31 October 2016. Remuneration will depend on the selected consultant’s qualifications and experience and be in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
How to apply?
If you wish to apply for this position, please use OSCE’s online application link and fill it out latest by 13 April 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information, please visit the official website.