Deadline: 17 April 2016
Open to: candidates with at least a 2 years professional experience in advocacy and a good understanding of policy making, with higher education degree in social science, education, political science or other relevant field
Renumeration: 5-years full time contract (35 hours per week)/gross monthly salary 2.754 EUR
The European Youth Forum (YFJ), the Platform of Youth Organisations in Europe is recruiting a Policy Officer. Independent, democratic and youth-led Forum represents more than 90 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent.
The successful candidate will work in the Policy and Advocacy Department, and will report to the Head of Policy and Advocacy Department and will be responsible for:
- Development and advocacy of the policies of the European Youth Forum according to the priorities as decided by the General Assembly;
- The advocacy of the European Youth Forum’s policies in the field of education and youth work; towards EU institutions, Council of Europe, United Nations and other stakeholders;
- Creation and building partnerships with key actors such as member organisations and education/youth work stakeholders;
- Research and communication of key policy developments regarding education and youth work.
- Leading on the implementation of projects related to Youth Forum policy and advocacy;
- Organise and run international meetings, seminars, debates, training and networking events;
- Manage budget of projects related to the working area;
- Represent the Forum extrenally (e.g. experts groups, conferences, meetings with stakeholders);
- Monitor and report on developments in the field of education, and provide information to the Board and Member Organisations.
- Have at least a 2 years professional experience in advocacy and a good understanding of policy making at either national or European level;
- Background experience in youth work, particularly in a youth organisation and in non-formal education;
- Higher education degree in social science, education, political science or other relevant field is strongly desirable but can be compensated by extensive relevant NGO and/or non-formal education experience;
- Sensitivity to youth issues in the field of education;
- Experience with working in a multicultural environment;
- Very good knowledge of the different institutional partners with whom the Youth Forum works, such as the EU institutions, Council of Europe and United Nations;
- Advocacy and strategic thinking abilities;
- Advanced level in spoken and written English; second major European language highly desirable;
- Excellent writing skills: ability to deliver relevant policy documents, reports and analysis;
- Demonstrate proactive, critical and flexible thinking.
- The duration of the contract is five years;
- The contract is full time (35 hours per week) and the gross monthly salary (for a P1 position according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is 2.754 EUR;
- A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available;
- Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
How to apply?
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the new European Youth Forum online recruitment system.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held during April 25th . The successful candidate will be expected to start on 30th May. Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
For more information please visit the official website.