Deadline: 1 May 2016
Open to: theatre groups of high school age 14-19
Venue: 10 – 15 September, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The main goal of the Festival is education of high school students in the field of theater arts, to assemble groups of young people who work in theaters from all around the world, enable them to exchange their creativity (theater plays, movies, performances which are product of young people’s work) and to create the positive aspect of competition among young people in educational and ethical values through the art of theater.
One of the most important goals is breaking down the wall of prejudice about dissimilarities, because dissimilarity is an advantage and an asset, not a flaw. The Festival has a place for young, talented people, encourages them to think about the surrounding problems, it teaches them to behave in real life just like they behave on the stage, to discover things in which they are good or less good, talented or less talented or maybe it will make them fall in love with the theater arts and art in general.
- High school students between 14 and 19 years of age;
- Theater companies and high schools in which the participants are high school students or have had the status of a high school student at the time when the play was produced and premiered (if some of the participants in the year when the festival takes place have finished high school or have enrolled in college, it is still possible for them to perform at the festival).
- Grand Prix for the Best Performance;
- The Special Jury Award.
- The cost of accommodation and full board for all participants will be covered by the organizer;
- Traveling expenses (cost of the trip to Sarajevo and back), in regards to participation in the festival, have to be covered by the participants themselves.
How to apply?
To apply for the participation in the festival it is necessary to fill out the online application form and send a DVD recording of the performance or protected Vimeo or Youtube link no later than May 1, 2016. For further information please contact [email protected].
For more information, please check the official website.