Deadline: 21 April 2016
Open to: candidates who hold Master’s Degree or equivalent in Slavic or East European studies and with very good knowledge of one of the Slavic languages
Fellowship: NOK 430,500 – 475,400 (depending on level of expertise)
Two positions as Doctoral Research Fellows in “Symbolic nation-building in Eastern Europe” are available at the Department of Literature, Area Studies and European Languages, University of Oslo.
The persons appointed will be affiliated with the Faculty’s organized research training. The academic work is to result in a doctoral thesis that will be defended at the Faculty with a view to obtaining the degree of PhD. The successful candidate is expected to join the existing research milieu and contribute to its development. Read more about the doctoral degree. Doctoral research projects must be based on analysis of material in a Slavic language, preferably Russian, Polish, Czech, Ukrainian or Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian.
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in Slavic or East European studies (the Master’s Degree has to have been achieved by the time of application);
- Very good knowledge of one of the Slavic languages mentioned above;
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
- Salary level 50 – 56 (NOK 430,500 – 475,400, depending on level of expertise);
- A professionally stimulating working environment;
- Attractive welfare benefits.
How to apply?
- Application letter describing the applicant’s qualifications and motivation for the position;
- Curriculum Vitae (complete list of education, positions, teaching experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activities, including a complete list of publications);
- Transcript of records of your Master’s degree. Applicants with education from a foreign university are advised to attach an explanation of their university’s grading system;
- Project description, including a detailed progress plan for the project (3 – 5 pages, see Template for project descriptions).
For more information, please visit the official website.