Deadline: 6 May 2016
Open to: university students in journalism, communication or related fields who are citizens of Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States
Venue: 6-16 August 2016, Prague, Czech Republic
Journey: journalism boot camp is an annually organized intensive summer course, which offers participants unique experience through interactive seminars conducted by professional journalists, editors and media personalities from world’s most renowned news outlets and agencies. Organized by The Bakala Foundation, Journey aims to bring together promising students of journalism and media from around the world and give them the opportunity to learn from top professionals from the field and to create a unique, inspiring experience.
Participants undergo series of workshops on current trends and tools used in reporting, data collection and analysis, investigative journalism and many more aspects of modern media work as well as a number of exercises, in real newsroom conditions. The course will be taking place 6-16 August, 2016 in Prague Czech Republic.
To be eligible for the program, the applicant needs to meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, United Kingdom or United States of America. Current place of residency is not a factor in the selection process, however the foundation might not be able to fully cover your travel costs if you intend to travel to the Czech Republic from a destination different than your country of citizenship;
- Be currently enrolled at a university, majoring in journalism, media studies or a closely related field and by August 2016 have completed at least two semesters of full-time study. Students who are currently enrolled and will graduate before August 2016 are also eligible. Applications from students of other majors who have proven journalistic experience (long-term employment in the field, internships, strong online presence etc.) will also be considered;
- Have a very good command of English language.
Every applicant accepted into the program will receive a full scholarship from the foundation.
The scholarship covers:
- Full board and accommodation for the duration of the summer camp;
- Travel expenses such as return flight tickets or bus or train tickets to Prague;
- Ttransfer within Prague to and from the accommodation facilities upon arrival and departure;
- All study materials needed during the course.
How to apply?
Each candidate must submit online application form, including:
- Official transcript or equivalent document (in PDF format);
- Curriculum Vitae (in PDF format);
- Personal statement;
- Individual project pitch on the annual topic “Nationalism”.
Deadline for applying is 6 May 2016.
If you have more questions regarding the program, contact the organizers at [email protected].
For more information please visit the official website.