Deadline: 2 May 2016
Open to: postgraduate students at South African universities or tertiary institutions; between the ages of 19 and 30 years
Scholarships: tuition and registration fees, study materials, accommodation, meal, medical aid, travel and personal allowance
The central purpose of The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is to build exceptional leadership capacity in Africa (whilst also seeking to foster better reconciliation and entrepreneurship) through its various programmes and, to this end, aims to be the leading protagonist in Africa for such endeavours.
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships are intended as a vehicle for the sustainable and practical expression of the aim to provide exceptional educational opportunities, develop a network of leaders, and thereby help to build leadership capacity in Africa. Scholarship is awarded in any field.
- Citizens of all African countries;
- Postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions;
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded);
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship;
- Possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2017;
- Have a history of well above average academic results;
- Reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship;
- The MRF leadership development activities sometimes include weekends,where attendance is compulsory.
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution;
- Study materials allowance as set by the MRF;
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF;
- Medical aid allowance as set by the MRF;
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme;
- Personal allowance.
How to apply?
All applicants apply online via the Embark application system and have to submit the following documents along with the application form:
- National ID/Passport;
- Motivation letter;
- Reference Letter.
For more information please visit the official webpage.