Deadline: 4 May 2016
Open to: candidates who hold Doctoral Degree within one of the fields of the department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies
Fellowship: NOK 483,700 – 560,700 (depending on level of expertise)
The University of Oslo as the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway that attracts students and researchers from all over the world offers three Postdoctoral Research Fellowships at the Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies (ILN). ILN has active research environments in linguistics (including multilingualism), medieval studies (including norse philology and celtic), Nordic literature (including dissemination of literature and Ibsen-studies), Nordic language (including Norwegian as a second language), and rhetoric and communication studies.
The appointment for a post-doctoral research fellowship is for 3 years. The position includes 10% teaching and administration.
- A Doctoral Degree within one of the fields of the Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies;
- A project close to research carried out at ILN, with a potential for contributing to the realization of UiO’s strategic goal of becoming a top university.
- Personal aptitude and high motivation for the position
- Salary level 57 – 65 (NOK 483,700 – 560,700, approx. 51,030 – 59,230 EUR) depending on level of expertise;
- A challenging and stimulating working environment;
- Attractive welfare arrangements.
How to apply?
Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application latest by 4 May 2016, preferably in PDF format :
- Application letter describing the applicant’s qualifications and motivation for the position;
- CV (complete list of education, positions, teaching experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activities, including a complete list of publications);
- Project description (3-5 pages) for the research to be undertaken, including a progress plan.
All documents must be in either English or in a Scandinavian language, either in the original or a translation. Diplomas, MA theses and the like are not to be submitted with the application, but applicants may be asked to submit such information or works at a later date.
For more information, please visit the official website.