Deadline: 30 May 2016
Open to: holders of a PhD degree from outside of France
Fellowship: EUR 2,000/per month, transportation
Foundation House of Human Sciences (FMSH) is delighted to offer Gerda Henkel Stiftung fellowships for Postdoctoral Research programme. The Foundation provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
As part of the partnership between the Gerda Henkel Stiftung and the College of Global Studies, two post-doctoral fellowships will be awarded in July 2016 for a period of 12 months, two young researchers residing outside France. The post-doctoral researchers will be welcomed as part of one of the chairs or the College of global studies research initiatives. The research projects presented must register as part of the general science policy of the College of global studies and especially around of one of two research themes:
- Social Progress and Global Justice: Disciplines concerned: philosophy, political science, sociology, anthropology, history and philosophy of law, history or philosophy of economics;
- Remapping Space in the Global Era: Disciplines concerned: philosophy, political science, anthropology, sociology, history, art history, aesthetics.
Review of applications will focus on the quality of the scientific record and that of the post-doctoral project and its inclusion in the research lines of the College of Global Studies. The eligibility conditions are the following:
- Holders of a doctorate at the date of application filing (thesis);
- Have resided less than twelve months in France over the last three years;
- The application can be filed up to 6 years after the date of defense of the thesis;
- A common practice of the French language is desired.
- The amount of the postdoctoral fellowship is EUR 2,000 per month;
- The transport costs of the country of residence to Paris will be borne by the host institution;
- The medical insurance costs are the responsibility of the post-doctoral student.
How to apply?
Documents required for the file (in English or French):
- Doctoral degree;
- Curriculum vitae and publications;
- Research project with indicative bibliography;
- 2 letters of recommendation;
- 1 Welcome letter from one of the scientific leaders of the College of Global Studies.
Interested candidates must reach imperatively email to the scientific coordination of Global Studies College: [email protected]
For more information please visit the official webpage.