Deadline: 24 May 2016
Open to: holders of a Master or PhD degree focus on sustainable development and not citizens of German or live in Germany
Benefits: fully funded two-week Science Forum, individual appointments with experts, fully funded research stay, access to the Green Talents Network
The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) has held the prestigious “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” to promote the international exchange of ideas regarding green solutions. The award, whose patron is Minister Professor Johanna Wanka, honors 25 young researchers from around the world each year. The winners come from various scientific disciplines and are recognised for their outstanding achievements in making societies more sustainable. The Green Talents are selected by a high-ranking jury of German experts and are granted unique access to the elite of the country’s sustainability research field.
The 2016 Green Talents competition will address the effects of climate change, pollution and overfishing on the earth’s biggest natural resources, the oceans, in line with the German Ministry of Education and Research’s Science Year 2016/2017, which is devoted to the “Seas and Oceans”. These issues, as well as the challenges facing our environment in general, demand international research cooperation.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Academic focus is on sustainable development and their work follows an interdisciplinary approach;
- Enrolled in a Master’s degree programme or are in possession of a higher-level university degree;
- Have achieved above-average grades and have a very good command of English;
- Enrolled in a Master’s or PhD programme or have completed an equivalent programme in the three years prior to the closing date for applications;
- Not hold a German passport or live in Germany.
- An invitation to Germany in 2016 to participate in the fully funded two-week Science Forum. While touring Germany, top locations will open their doors to the Green Talents and offer them an exclusive insight into their facilities and projects;
- A chance to present themselves and their work in personal discussions held as part of individual appointments with experts of their choice (during the two-week Science Forum);
- A second invitation to Germany in 2017 for a fully funded research stay of up to three months. At an inspiring location of their choice, the Green Talents will gain new experiences and advance their professional careers while establishing long-lasting partnerships;
- Exclusive access to the “Green Talents Network” of currently 157 high potentials in sustainable development from over 46 countries.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you can register HERE. The deadline is 24 May 2016.
For more information please visit the official webpage.