Deadline: 8 May 2016
Open to: students currently enrolled in Master’s degree programs in Political Science, International relations and economic and other relevant fields (including young professionals) from NATO member and partner countries
Venue: 10-15 July 2016, Měřín, Czech Republic
NATO SUMMER SCHOOL 2016 12th Annual PSSI Summer School, in cooperation with NATO Public Diplomacy Division “NATO Beyond the Warsaw Summit: Adapting to the New Realities”. Summer School is based on presentations, interactive workshops and simulations with internationally recognized security experts from both academia and government fields.
Agenda includes topics such as: Warsaw summit NATO in a new strategic environment Hybrid Warfare and Article V Transatlantic partnership Cyber Security Future of Ukraine Crisis management simulation.
Among the confirmed speakers are:
- Heidi Meyer, Political Advisor to NATO Land Forces, Izmir, Turkey;
- Mark Galeotti, Professor at the New York University, US;
- Col. Tomasz K. Kowalik, Director of Military Foreign Affairs Department at the Ministry of National Defence, Poland
- Petr Kolář, Former Czech Ambassador to the USA and Russia, Czech Republic.
Students currently enrolled in Master’s degree programs in Political Science, International relations, Economics and other relevant fields (including young professionals) from NATO member and partner countries.
- Registration fee amounts to 5500,- CZK / 200 EUR;
- Accommodation, meals and local transport (Prague-Měřín-Prague) will be fully covered by the organizers;
- Foreign participants’ travel expenses will be partially reimbursed (not applicable to those selected students from the Czech Republic and Slovakia);
- This will be determined once all selected participants submit their estimated travel costs.
PSSI can offer scholarships (a 25 or 50% registration fee reduction) to a limited number of applicants from low income families. In the application form, you will have to explain why you are eligible for receiving this scholarship.
How to apply?
Please fill out the application form and upload your CV along with a short essay (max. 1 page) on the topic – “In your opinion, what was the most important news about NATO over the last couple of months, and why?”
If you have any further questions please contact [email protected]
For more information, please visit the official website.