Deadline: 15 May 2015
Open to: young professional, students, young entrepreneurs aged 16-35
Venue: 9-18 July 2016, Kathmandu, Nepal
“International Sustainability School 2016” is a place to ignite ideas and inspiration. It brings together young change makers from around the globe to become sustainability leaders called the Sustainability Fellows by offering them inspiration, ideas and skills around sustainability. This program involves a self-exploratory trek, skill building workshops, an opportunity to connect with nature and indigenous communities. This is a physically, mentally and socially engaging program where participants enrich themselves, the communities they visit and each other.
Sustainability School incorporates 3 phases:
- Phase Learn: to allow participants to break into group related sustainability themes of their choice on which you will work;
- Phase Feel: to help inspire connection with the community and nature by using simple techniques in out-door and community settings;
- Phase Be: 2 intensive days of reflection, summarization, action planning and documentation.
Read more about the programme HERE.
- Young people at the point of a career change, or after graduating or during study;
- Applicants should be highly motivated in subjects of sustainable development;
- Be involved in all activities during the course and actively participate in an intensive learning process with link-minded peers from around the world.
There are few scholarships based on ability to impact upon returning from the trip and commitment available to cover :
- Airport transfers at arrival, departure;
- All local transportation, excursions and field trips;
- Full board and lodging during the full course duration;
- Skill development modules;
- Documents and all course material;
- Certificate of participation and token.
Participants are supposed to cover their travel from their home country to Nepal, visa fees and health, travel insurance or any additional activities outside/after the course.
For the candidates not applying for a scholarship, the programme fees are USD 700.
How to apply?
For further information, please visit the official website.