Deadline: 16 May 2016
Open to: citizens of one of the EU Member States or the Western Balkans aged between 18 to 35 years
Venue:4 July 2016, Paris, France
The European Commission and the Government of the French Republic, supported by the European Youth Forum and SALTO South East Europe Resource Centre, are launching a Call for Applications to the Western Balkans Youth Conference. The Connecting Youth conference will take place in Paris, 4 July 2016, in the margins of the Western Balkans Summit. Connecting Youth will bring together 150 young people from the EU and Western Balkans countries, to discuss common challenges and work towards finding joint solutions.
The participants will join forces in 4 parallel groups working on the following topics:
- Youth on the move, education on the move – Education and mobility for young people;
- Knocking on job market’s doors – Employment and entrepreneurship for young people;
- Not just another brick in the wall – Youth engagement & participation;
- Get up, stand up, speak up! – Youth and the media.
- Citizens of one of the EU Member States or the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Kosovo , Montenegro, or Serbia);
- Aged between 18 to 35 years at the time of the event;
- Fluent in English (level C1 under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- Members of youth or student organisations will be favored during the selection process.
The European Commission will make the necessary travel and accommodation arrangements for selected participants. Please refrain from making any specific individual travel or accommodation arrangements. Catering will be provided during the Conference.
How to apply?
Please follow this link to fill in the online application form at the latest by 16 May 2016.
You will need to send a short expression of interest (no longer than 400 words) and your CV in Europass format. Please indicate clearly in the expression of interest your preferred working group (as well as your second choice), and explain why. Please dedicate a paragraph in your expression of interest to answer one or two of the questions linked to your preferred working group (see questions above; please remember to stick to the word limit).
Applicants will receive a response on their application by 15 June 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.