Deadline: 1 June 2016
Open to: artists and arts managers working in performing arts and literature from eligible contruies
Fellowship: accommodation, food, visa, travel and insurance costs
CEC ArtsLink promotes international communication and understanding through collaborative, innovative arts projects for mutual benefit. They support and produce programs that encourage the exchange of visual and performing artists and cultural managers in the United States and 37 countries overseas.
ArtsLink eliminates the administrative and logistical tasks associated with hosting an international visitor by arranging visas, organizing and paying for international and domestic travel and hosting an orientation and a concluding session in New York. Host organizations receive funding to cover the living, working and materials costs for the ArtsLink Fellow’s residency, as well as modest administrative expenses for the host. During the five-week residency, ArtsLink staff is available to provide guidance and advice to host organizations.
ArtsLink Residencies allows to:
- Pursue artistic and/or professional collaborations that will enrich and enhance their work;
- Share ideas and expertise with US artists and organizations, with residents of the broader host community, and with colleagues from the region who participate in the program;
- Expand knowledge of arts practice and deepen understanding of cultural life in the US;
- Create new work that draws inspiration from interaction with artists and arts professionals within the US host community;
- Expand professional arts management skills through work with US organizations.
The residency period will be October 13 through November 16, 2016.
- Artists and arts managers (Arts managers must be affiliated with an arts organization in the non-commercial sector.);
- Citizens of, and currently reside in, an eligible countries;
- Sufficient knowledge of English to function independently while in the US.
If you are living outside the region temporarily, contact ArtsLink staff to determine your eligibility.
ArtsLink Residencies awards are made to the US host organization to cover the living and working expenses for the five-week residency. Airfare, visa expenses, health insurance, and food and lodging during the opening and closing sessions in New York are also provided by CEC ArtsLink.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please read the guidelines and follow the application process. Deadline for this application is 15 October 2016. Files submitted via Internet services must be accompanied by a Work Sample Sheet.
For more information, please visit the official webpage.