Deadline: 27 July 2016
Open to: students who are currently pursuing doctoral degrees or researchers with a PhD or a doctoral degree aged under 35 years
Grants: EUR 20,000
The Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition (hereinafter “BCFN Foundation” or “BCFN”) is a center for analysis, study and proposals. Its objective is the in-depth study of significant topics linked to food and nutrition on a global scale. The BCFN Foundation is strongly committed to addressing the future challenges of food. The Foundation is focused on reducing hunger, fighting food waste, and promoting healthy lifestyles and sustainable agriculture.
The BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition offers the opportunity to put into action concrete proposals that will have the objective of making more sustainable one or more themes of the agri-food system. Among others, The BCFN consider the following areas of particular interest:
- Sustainable and healthy diets;
- Urban food systems and policies;
- Resilient agriculture, land use change and agroecology;
- The nexus between climate change, energy and food;
- Sustainable water management;
- Food supply chains;
- Ecosystems and ecosystem services;
- Healthy lifestyles;
- Food waste reduction;
- Food policy development;
- Food security: availability, access, utilisation, stability;
- Communication technologies and networks;
- Youth and women’s involvement in agriculture.
The BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition is designed for:
- Individual or multidisciplinary and/or cross-national research teams that consist of a maximum of three components (hereinafter “Participants”);
- Students/applicants who are currently pursuing doctoral degrees are eligible, as well as researchers/applicants with a PhD or a doctoral degree received after December 2014;
- All the Participants must be under the age of 35 at the date of December 31, 2016.
The BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition invites young talents to submit proposals for a research grant of EUR 20,000.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you need to register HERE. The deadline is 27 July 2016.