Deadline: 1 September 2016
Open to: students and young researchers no older than 50 years and with very good command of English language
Scholarship: EUR 1,040 per month
Austrian Federal Ministry of Education and Science (BMWF) is inviting post-docs from Non-European Developing Countries to apply for OeAD Ernst Mach Follow-up Grant. With the Ernst Mach Follow Up Grant (EZA) post-docs/former scholarship holders of the OeAD can receive targeted and sustainable support for their scientific career.
Grants are awarded in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Arts.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applications are open to postdocs who are pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution / university and who were in receipt of a grant in Austria which was administered by the OeAD-GmbH (formerly ÖAD);
- At the time of taking up the grant at least 5 years must have passed since the last scholarship-supported study or research stay in Austria;
- Maximum age: 50 years;
- For the application Deadline 1 Feb 2016, born on or after 1 February 1966, for the application deadline 1 September 2016, Born on or after 1 September 1966;
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- Monthly grant rate: EUR 1,040;
- Accident and health insurance if necessary, the OeAD-GmbH will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient;
The OeAD-GmbH will endeavour to provide accommodation (student hall of residence or flat) for recipients of grants who wish to get accommodation arranged by the OeAD.
Scholarship holders will receive a travel costs subsidy of EUR 1,000 maximum upon presentation of original documents. Travels costs to Austrian representatives outside the home country are refundable upon presentation of original documents.
How to apply?
Applications should be submitted online latest by 1 September 2016. Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Consent of the academic partner in Austria;
- Scan of passport (page with the name and photo);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Scan of university graduation certificate of Ph.D. or doctoral studies.
For more information please check out the official call.