Deadline: 17 June 2016
Open to: mid-career journalists from Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey
Fellowship: programme fees, living allowance of EUR 1,500 per month travel expenses to the UK
The Reuters Institute is seeking applications for Google Digital News Journalist Fellowships as part of its world renowned Journalist Fellowship Programme based at the Reuters Institute in Oxford. There are two fellowships available for two terms (6 months) starting in either October 2016 or January 2017.
The fellowships will appeal to journalists who are interested in the opportunity of producing a research paper based on some aspect of either the Digital News Report survey data or digital journalism in their country more generally with a direct focus on the professional and industry implications based on their own experience.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of three main criteria:
- The quality of the professional achievements of the journalist given the stage in their career;
- Their potential and interest in being part of an international programme and of contributing to and making best use of the opportunity presented by the fellowship;
- The quality of their detailed research proposal and their proposed ideas on how they might promote their findings for the benefit of their colleagues and the industry more generally.
As a Reuters Institute Journalist Fellow you’ll spend one, two or three terms at the University of Oxford, one of the world’s leading universities.
- Mid-career journalists from Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey;
- Have at least five years of experience in digital news journalism and working proficiency in English.
The Fellowship covers programme fees, a modest living allowance of EUR 1,500 per month while in Oxford and return travel expenses to the UK.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you need to fill the online application form. The deadline is 17 June 2016.
For more information, please visit the official webpage.