Deadline: 17 June 2016
Open to: applicant should possess at least a Post Graduate Degree in any Natural Science subject or an equivalent degree in Technology, Engineering, Medicine and allied disciplines
Fellowship: amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 35,000 (about USD 525 at the current exchange rate)
The Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre) is presently implementing a Fellowship programme titled ‘Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS)’ to provide opportunity to young researchers of the developing countries for their capacity building in science and technology through their affiliation with premier academic and research institutions in India to carry out short-term research work. Under the programme, full financial support is provided to the research fellows for their international travel, subsistence allowance, research contingency, domestic travel in India, etc.
The RTF-DCS is a destination India Fellowship with the following objectives:
- To promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the developing countries into India and provide them opportunity to work at Indian R&D/academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise;
- To facilitate exchange of information and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and other developing countries and create a network for building research collaborations.
- Applicant should possess at least a Post Graduate Degree in any Natural Science subject or an equivalent degree in Technology, Engineering, Medicine, allied disciplines;
- Applicant should be working in a national R&D or academic institution in his/her home country;
- The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/her institution confirming that if selected, he/she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India;
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 40 years as on 1st January 2016;
- Indian nationals are not eligible.
- Round trip international airfare by excursion/economy class and by shortest route from the international airport in the home country to the international airport nearest to the host institution;
- A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 35,000 [about USD 525 at the current exchange rate] per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous expenses;
- One-time grant of INR 30,000 [about USD 450 at the current exchange rate] for research contingency expenses and domestic travel for airport transfers and visiting research institutions, attending scientific /events and field-trips within India.
How to apply?
In order to apply for this fellowship applicants must provide the following documents until 17 June 2016:
- Curriculum Vitae (in MS Word format, not more than two Pages), including Professional and Research Experience and a list of latest publications (Not more than five);
- Research Proposal with Objectives, Scope of Work, Plan of Action, Methodology and Deliverables (in MS Word format);
- Recent Passport size Photograph;
- Copy of Relevant Pages of Passport;
- Copy of an endorsement from present employer;
- A copy of the letter / e. mail (if obtained) from any Indian scientist/institution with consent to accept you to work with them, if you get selected by the NAM S&T Centre (Please refer to Para – VIII. 2).