Deadline: 20 June 2016
Open to: media managers, an independent cultural NGO, a non-hierarchical and open-minded public institution or a civil society initiative based in the Arab region OR in a European country
Venue: September 2016 to September 2017, in Amman, Jordan and Marseille, France
Tandem Shaml supported by the European Cultural Foundation is an international exchange program that supports long-term collaborations, knowledge development and networking opportunities in Europe and Arab countries.
The one-year exchange program will select 16 cultural organizations, eight from Europe and eight from the Arab Region for the upcoming round. It will take place September 2016 to September 2017, in Amman, Jordan and Marseille, France, a location to be decided in the Arab region, followed by another city in Europe.
The programme schedule:
- 5-day Partner Forum in in Amman (14 – 18 September 2016);
- 5-day Kick-Off Meeting incl. learning workshops in Marseille (December 2016);
- Mutual 12-day working visits (placements) (January – September 2017);
- 5-day Interim Meeting in the Arab Region (May 2017);
- 5-day Final Meeting in Europe (September 2017).
- Be based in the Arab region OR in a European country;
- Be an independent cultural NGO, a non-hierarchical and open-minded public institution or a civil society initiative which is well rooted in a local community and has an established professional network;
- Have the (organisational and financial) capacity, ambition and experience to engage in a one year intensive international exchange programme;
- Commit to providing sufficient working time of one cultural manager.
- Start-up funding of EUR 5,000 for a Tandem pilot project as well as reimbursement of travel and living expenses during the four Tandem meetings and during the placements;
- 12-day working placement at the Tandem partner organisation;
- 4 international meetings with moderated peer to peer learning sessions and input by experienced trainers;
- Ongoing expert advice for the development of the cross-border collaborations and the artistic and cultural co-productions;
- Becoming part of the Tandem network of more than 250 cultural managers coming from ca. 35 countries in wider Europe.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official webpage.