Deadline: 20 June 2016
Open to: candidate with strong media experience, excellent writing skills and outstanding English-language writing, verbal, and editing abilities
Remuneration: depends on the experience of the candidate
The position Communications Manager at the Roma Education Fund’s (REF) is part of a collaborative and fast-paced team which includes the Fundraising Officer and the Communications Officer. The Communications Manager coordinates the public and internal communications of the Roma Education Fund.
He/She is responsible for drafting and implementing communications strategies and projects in collaboration with the REF leadership, grantees and country facilitators. The candidate should be an experienced communications professional with expertise on Roma issues and solid judgment on how to highlight them through different media.
The Communications Manager will report directly to the Executive Director of the Roma Education Fund. The position is based in Budapest, Hungary.
- Master’s degree with 3-4 years of relevant professional experience or;
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years’ experience;
- Outstanding English-language writing, verbal, and editing abilities, additional languages strongly preferred;
- Experience in Communications, Public Relations and Journalism;
- Foreign language skills (particularly French / German / Spanish) preferred;
- Knowledge of one or several languages spoken in Central and South Eastern Europe appreciated.
- Experience in working on Roma issues;
- Knowledge of the institutional landscape on anti-discrimination at EU and national level;
- Demonstrated practical experience in digital communications; strong understanding of social media.
Commensurate it is not specified will depend on the experience of the candidate.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official website.