Deadline: 15 June 2016
Open to: young roma graduates or university students who are nationals of the countries of the European Union and who have good knowledge of English
Remuneration: paid internship
With the support of the Roma Initiatives Office of the Open Society Foundations, the Romedia Foundation is announcing a 2016 call for applications for a 3-month paid internship (with a possible extension to 6 months) for young Roma graduates and university students.
The Romedia Foundation is a Romani non-governmental organization based in Budapest, Hungary, working to contribute to a positive perception of Romani ethnic identity, combating anti-Romani prejudice and to provide alternative information to policy makers on the Roma through the production of films and videos, international multi-media campaigns and public events. Our latest documentary film, Jazz Way Out, is coproduced by HBO Europe.
The Internship Has the Following Main Objectives:
- To provide interns with working experience in professional film production in the Romedia Foundation studio and, when possible, on location at film shoots;
- To provide interns with the opportunity to take part in the work of a professional film/television team, especially in the area of translation and multicultural outreach;
- To provide interns with insight into the situation of Roma around Europe and the world;
- To enable interns to enrich and put into practice the knowledge they have acquired during their studies or professional careers.
- Young Roma graduates or university students who are nationals of the countries of the European Union;
- Working knowledge of English;
- Good knowledge of international and regional challenges related to Roma;
- Experience in civil society work and/or human rights is an asset;
- Experience in journalism/media work or the film industry is an asset;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel); knowledge of working with image-editing programs is an asset;
- Language Requirement: Excellent working knowledge and translation abilities in German, Romanes or Serbian/Albanian are a great asset, and good knowledge of English is essential.
It is 3-month paid internship (with a possible extension to 6 months).
How to apply?
Required application documents:
- Europass CV;
- Motivation letter;
- One or two reference/recommendation letter(s).
In order to apply please, submit yout application by 15 June 2016 via e-mail to Katalin Bársony, Executive Director of Romedia Foundation: [email protected]
For more information, please visit the official website.