Deadline: 30 June 2016
Open to: practicing lawyers and legal counselors working with human rights or women’s rights NGOs
Venue: 27 September- 4 October 2016, Bulgaria
Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation (BGRF), in cooperation with its partners the Advocates for Human Rights from Minnesota, the International Network for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights /ESCR-Net/ and the European Women Lawyers’ Association/ EWLA/ are pleased to announce the Call for Applications to participate in the Training Programme of the Sixth Round of the Women’s Human Rights Training Institute (WHRTI), 2016-2017. The first session of the Institute will be followed by a workshop of the International Network on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
It is the first-of-its-kind programme aimed at building and developing the capacity of young lawyers from Central and Eastern European and the Newly Independent States (CEE/NIS) for litigation on women’s rights issues, including:
- Violence against women;
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights;
- Social and economic rights and employment discrimination.
Successful applicants should:
- Have a substantial and sustainable interest and a demonstrated commitment to women’s human rights advocacy and/or litigation and in using the law creatively to secure redress for women’s rights violations;
- Have a professional relationship/affiliation for at least one year prior to the application with an institution/organization that has capacity to litigate women’s rights cases or has experience with litigation and preferably focuses in its work on women’s human rights;
- Have demonstrated interest and basic knowledge of the international universal and regional human rights law, legal standards and instruments;
- Be committed and available to actively participate in all the three sessions of the Institute (approximately one week every six months) and to be involved in the intersessional work;
- Have fluency in written and spoken English, and advanced English language comprehension.
All expenses related to the selected participants’ attendance at the three sessions of the Institute are covered by the organizers.
How to apply?
The completed WHRTI application form and all supporting documents (see the application form for details) must be sent to the Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation (BGRF) latest by 30 June 2016 to the following e-mail address: [email protected] and [email protected]
The applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted by 20 July 2016. The final selection will be done by 15 August 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website.