Deadline: 4 July 2016
Open to: young people between 18 and 30 years old, coming from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia and who are fluent in English
Venue: 2-4 July 2016, Belgrade, Podgorica, Tirana
Regional network of the Youth Initiative for Human Rights, the Center for Balkan Cooperation LOJA and the Franco-German Youth Office are pleased to announce the call for application for three seminars that will be organized in the light of establishment of the Regional Youth Cooperation Office.
During the Paris Summit on the Western Balkans which will take place on 4th of July prime ministers of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia will sign the declaration on establishment of the Regional Youth Cooperation Office. This office will provide youth in the Western Balkans with opportunities to participate in cross-border exchange programs that will contribute to the process of reconciliation and improve of the regional cooperation.
Interested young people are invited to apply for one of three seminars:
- The Role of Youth in Reconciliation Process in the Region
Seminar will take place in Belgrade between 2-4 July 2016. It is open for 30 participants from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Serbia.
- Regional Perspective on EU Integrations
Seminar will take place in Podgorica between 2-4 July 2016. It is open for 20 participants from Kosovo and Montenegro.
- My Personal Experience in Youth Exchanges
Seminar will take place in Tirana between 2-4 July 2016. It is open for 20 participants from Albania and Macedonia.
Application requirements for participants:
- Age between 18 and 30;
- Come from one of seven target countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia;
- Fluent in English;
- Highly interested in the process of improvement of regional cooperation in the Western Balkans;
- Participated in some of regional cross-border programs (for seminar in Tirana this is especially preferable);
- Candidates from smaller communities outside of regional centers and capitals are encouraged to apply.
The organizers will cover costs of transportation, accommodation and meals during all planned activities.
How to apply?
In order to apply for this program, you should submit an essay (up to 1000 words) on one of following topics:
- Seminar in Belgrade: What is the role of young people in dealing with the past processes?;
- Seminar in Podgorica: How do I see the European Union in 10 years?;
- Seminar in Tirana: How did the participation in cross-border program change my perspective of regional cooperation?.
Deadline for application is 24 June 2016. You can find the application form HERE.
For more information, please visit the official website.