Deadline: 10 July 2016
Open to: young people aged 18 to 35
Venue: 30 September – 2 October 2016, Trieste, Italy
The Forum 2016 focuses on the topic “Work/labor”, considered from different points of view: in the economic perspective, as a function of the productive processes; in the cultural perspective, as a function of a specific way to conceive such processes; finally as human labor: the worker beyond the work.
“The work and the city” refers to the general frame of the debate if by “city/citizenship”. Meaning the whole of the relations between the subjects and the spaces they inhabit (also the work spaces), their potentialities of recognition, rights, values, histories, memories, identities, communities.
All interested are invited to present their own proposals within the suggested fields of discussion, or to present different topics/panels (within the given general theme) bringing their own local experiences, views and inputs from different scientific fields in a transdisciplinary perspective (economics, social sciences, history, psychology, arts, cultural studies, political science).
- Young adults aged 18 to 35, without distinction as to nationality;
- The Forum works will be conducted both in Italian and in English; simultaneous translation from/to both languages will be provided.
- Selected speakers are strongly advised to purchase travel tickets on their own;
- The Forum’s organization will provide a 4 nights accommodation (lodging only) for the speakers;
- The organization will contribute to the travel expenditure the speakers will have to bear, upon presentation of the travel documents (flight, train, bus tickets, boarding passes, etc.) by the speakers themselves;
- The amount of the reimbursement won’t exceed 90% of the expenditure, neither it will exceed, in any case, 400 € per person.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please fill out online application form HERE.
While filling the application form, those who are interested in applying as speakers must provide a title and an abstract for the paper that, if selected, they’ll have to eventually develop, in order to present it on the Forum. Thus they must fill all the form’s fields, including n. 15 (paper’s title) and n. 16 (paper’s abstract).
For more information, please visit the official website.