Deadline: 8 July 2016
Open to: applicants with University degree in gender, development, public policy, social studies or closely related field and experience in coordinating projects
Remuneration: 6 months (full time) contract, temporary replacement for a person on maternity leave
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
FYR Macedonia is a signatory to a number of important and binding international documents, which guarantee the equality of women and men and prohibit gender based discrimination. Despite the legal and policy framework, gender inequalities are present in all spheres of political and socio economic life and impact access to opportunities and resources.
The UN Women Project Office in FYR Macedonia is seeking to hire a project officer to support the implementation of the activities within the regional project on Gender Responsive Policies at country level and to support the Gender Specialist in all coordination related tasks. The project officer will work under the direct supervision of the UN Women Head of Office and the GRB Country Project Manager.
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Support with project implementation;
2. Monitoring and evaluation;
3. Support with coordination activities;
4. Other/administrative support.
- University degree in gender, development, public policy, social studies or closely related field. Master’s degree in those areas would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience (3 for candidates with MA) in coordinating projects in the fields of gender equality and governance; Experience in working with international organizations (experience with the UN is an asset);
- In-depth knowledge of national policies on gender equality (including gender responsive budgeting), gender equality trends and the status of women in the country;
- Fluency in English and Macedonian is required.
- The position is meant to be for a period of 6 months (full time) contract;
- Temporary replacement for a person on maternity leave.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this job position, you need to first register online HERE.
For more information please visit the official website.